Virtual Lab Support Information
Concurrent User Limits: Access to Virtual Lab applications is subject to concurrent user license restrictions for specific lab applications.
Some lab applications may be scheduled or reserved for specific student use; others are on a first-come, first-served basis, until concurrent user capacity is reached.
AHIMA VLab customer support is available 24x7. Some support issues require escalation to the software vendor. Vendor specific issues are subject to the vendors' hours of operation.
For VLab technical support or questions, please visit the new AHIMA Helpdesk portal located here.
Virtual Lab Simulations
Lab applications are available via the internet, 24x7
Varies by vendor application and nature of problem, and may require one (1) business day to restore service.
Can't find my AHIMA ID?
Virtual Lab System Requirements
Below are the Virtual Lab system requirements for individual user PCs (subject to change). All of the Virtual Lap Applications are hosted and maintained by the Virtual Lab and/or its vendors.
- 1Ghz Intel or AMD processor (minimum)
- 2GB of RAM (minimum)
- The Lab is best viewed at a screen resolution of 1024 x 768. Otherwise you may experience clipping or pixilated content
- USB ports
- Firewall (Connecting to the lab requires that you have port 443 open. Please see your network administrator for assistance.
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 & 10 are supported, as well as Mac OS, but each VLab program has different compatibility requirements (specific system information is provided to all users through application FAQs and Getting Started activites)
- Broadband High Speed Internet Access, Cable or DSL
- Internet Explorer 8 and above, Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome are supported
- Again, each program has different compatibilities. Some are universal while some will only work with specific browser versions; this information is provided to all users through application FAQs and Getting Started activites.
- Java installed and browser-enabled
- AdobeFlash Player
- Microsoft Silverlight
- Citrix Receiver (required for the Argo/MEDITECH portal)
- Tableau Desktop (required to use the Tableau application, download via link in VLab Academy and follow instructions to get free access)